Chad Reynolds, Founder & CCO, Batterii, and Jennifer Hutchings, Brand Manager, Procter & Gamble spoke about everyone's goal to create irresistible products.
Kickstarter and Etsy have changed the way companies interact, research and gather consumer insights. Crest did a $330k study on what avenues would open up to consumers who whitened their teeth and then launched a campaign "what can a 3D smile do for you?" with the results, which bombed terribly.
Not enough insights, interactions with consumers were done.
Consumers view you as creepers (just observers), the princess (not receptive because they already know the truth), the poser (inauthentic), and the user (no empathy).
The relationship piece is extremely crucial therefore requires special planning that is inherent of the value of the relationship.
5 Steps CoCreative Relationship Readiness Plan
1. Adopt an authentic persona - evolve social media into other equities like research
2. Go wide and go deep to cocreate - focused long-term relationship
3. Thoughtful, immersive activities
4. Increase Touch, Decrease Finish
5. Realizing WHY no one wants to talk to you - create opportunities for traction
Monday, May 6, 2013