1. There will be more twitter handles with the word fragment “inno” in them.
2. Every month there will be at least two more innovation experts offering management consulting advice. Half of these people will come from the CRM advisory arena. The other half did this work as employees of big companies.
3. There will be more university sponsored educational programs focused on innovation.
4. There will be more Chief Innovation Officers at big companies.
5. Only half of them will have people working directly for them.
6. Only a third of them will have a reasonable budget
7. They still will have to talk senior management into enabling employees to put time into innovation versus their “day jobs”.
8. Companies that tried “idea contests”, “idea prediction markets” and “electronic suggestion boxes” will look at ongoing collaborative systems for ideation instead.
9. Organizations that tried to write a SharePoint based idea system will come to terms with the fact that no matter how good they get they still don’t have the mechanisms to manage idea promotion.
10. Most companies will embrace the concept that a collaborative tool for the front end of innovation will bring all their smart people together to share information…and that this is a very small investment for such a large impact.
What’s your prediction?
Ron Shulkin is Vice President of the Americas for CogniStreamer®, an innovation management system. You can learn more about CogniStreamer here http://bit.ly/ac3x60
Ron manages The Idea Management Group on LinkedIn (Join Here) http://bit.ly/dvsYWD . He has written extensively on Idea Management (Read Here) http://bit.ly/b2ZEgU and also right here on the FEI site (search on “cognistreamer” for my weekly guest blog results).
CogniStreamer® is an idea management software tool. It is an open innovation and collaboration platform where internal colleagues and external partner companies or knowledge centers join forces to create, develop and assess innovative ideas within strategically selected areas. The CogniStreamer® portal is an ideal collaborative platform that invites users to actively build a strong innovation portfolio. In addition it provides a powerful resource for internal and external knowledge sharing. The CogniStreamer® framework is used by industry leaders such as Atlas Copco, Bekaert, Case New Holland, Cytec, Imec, Philip Morris, Picanol, ThyssenKrupp, Vesta, Vesuvius and many others. CogniStreamer® represents the best use of adaptive collaborative technology such to harness human skill, ingenuity and intelligence.